Home Help Photos Login Register

MEXICO AND CARIBBEAN

IBEROSTAR HOTELS AND RESORTS

UNOFFICIAL MESSAGE BOARD

IBEROSTAR HOTELS & RESORTS UNOFFICIAL MESSAGE BOARD | IBEROSTAR REVIEWS & PHOTOS  |  IBEROSTAR PARAISO MAYA - RIVIERA MAYA, MEXICO  |  (LEAVE OR READ) A REVIEW OF IBEROSTAR PARAISO MAYA (Moderator: Mark)  |  Topic: Just back from IB Maya! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Just back from IB Maya!  (Read 6608 times)
tsou89

« on: August 01, 2014, 12:35:13 PM »

Just returned a couple of days ago from 5 nights at the Maya. We traveled with another family and had 4 adults and 3 kids together. We had a great time and I thought I'd share a few things….hopefully some of this will help.

1. Easy check in. Room wasn't ready but they have a hospitality room to change into swim suits.
2. Pools: all the pools are nice and cleaned daily. The walking areas around the pools tend to get very slick when wet so be careful in those spots. My only complaint would be the need for a second swim up pool bar…I propose in the pool directly behind the existing pool bar. That pool was barely crowded compared to the main pool. The pool bar would get very busy during the afternoon…but the bar tenders work hard keeping everyone as happy as possible.
3. Beach: very nice beach and water. A few rocks near the shore but very few. There is a bar and a grill so you can eat lunch out there if you want.
4. Food: My entire group thought the food was very good for an AI. The breakfast buffet was big enough to not have to eat the same thing over and over. There were lots of options at lunch as well. The dinners were good as well and I'll cover those restaurants we dined at individually.

The Japanese Steakhouse: We all thought this was the best of the evening dining we had. Good presentation, excellent variety and very good food quality.

Steakhouse: Nice dinner here with a very nice buffet to go thru prior to your main course. I had the ribeye. A little too fatty for me but there is a tenderloin option (Filet) which I would opt for next time. Don't expect high end steakhouse quality but not bad at all.

Seafood restaurant: Again very similar to the steakhouse with a few more seafood selections including surf and turf. This steak was a filet and better than the ribeye.

Clarification on men's dress code: we were told the only restaurant that requires men to wear pants is the French restaurant. We wore shorts to the others.

We did parasailing and the banana boat on the beach. Parasailing was $120 for a 2 person ride and it was a blast. The banana boat is $25 per person. The venders for these activities are not affiliated with IB.

We also let the kids do a dolphin adventure that Lomas suggested. A little pricy but they had a blast.!

Overall we had a great time and will return although we do like to mix up our destinations.
Hope this helped in some way!
Sunjet Holidays  
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
IBEROSTAR HOTELS & RESORTS UNOFFICIAL MESSAGE BOARD | IBEROSTAR REVIEWS & PHOTOS  |  IBEROSTAR PARAISO MAYA - RIVIERA MAYA, MEXICO  |  (LEAVE OR READ) A REVIEW OF IBEROSTAR PARAISO MAYA (Moderator: Mark)  |  Topic: Just back from IB Maya! « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length
Google

Web www.Ib-Board.com