Home Help Photos Login Register

MEXICO AND CARIBBEAN

IBEROSTAR HOTELS AND RESORTS

UNOFFICIAL MESSAGE BOARD

IBEROSTAR HOTELS & RESORTS UNOFFICIAL MESSAGE BOARD | IBEROSTAR REVIEWS & PHOTOS  |  IBEROSTAR ROSE HALL SUITES, JAMAICA  |  IBEROSTAR ROSE HALL SUITES QUESTIONS/ANSWERS & DISCUSSIONS (Moderator: George)  |  Topic: Nov trip with 12 yr old - Lots of General Questions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nov trip with 12 yr old - Lots of General Questions  (Read 11456 times)
suem51

« on: February 05, 2014, 02:37:18 PM »

Looking into Iberostar Rose Hall Suites for a November 2014 trip.  We’ll be celebrating birthday’s for my husband and son.  Pictures look gorgeous.  I can see why people return here again and again. 

What beer brands are there at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites?  I know Red Stripe of course but any other brands?

Would like to hire a private shuttle/taxi from MB airport – perhaps even one that would make a stop to a store on the way in - does anyone have a recommendation?

We have a 12 yr old.  I read reviews for Hilton Rose Hall waterpark/activities.  Has anyone else been to both Hilton and IRHS and can comment on the difference in the pool areas and older kid activities between the 2 resorts?  He loves pool slides, snorkeling, kayaking, fishing, archery, video games.   I love the beach. 

Is the beach off the resort good for snorkeling?  Do you recommend that we bring our own snorkel gear?  I read that someone stepped on a sea urchin.  Are there a lot of sea urchins off the beach area?  Do people try to sell you things on the beach? 

Re:  Daytrips/attractions.  We are only there for 4 nights so don’t want to take up a whole day but what daytrip/attraction would you recommend? 
Sunjet Holidays  
George
Best Prices for Iberostar Vacation Packages!
Administrator
IBEROSTAR-EXPERT

BeatYourOffer.com - 866-389-8572

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 12:13:32 PM »

Beer: Red stripe light, Red stripe and Heineken

Shared transfers are OK as well.

You can snorkel between the suites and the beach. No need to take an excursion or swim way out. Bring your own equipment  and take advantage of this every day. The water is shallow and the visibility is great.

Consult tour desk if you want to take excursions.
Sunjet Holidays  

scuba
IBEROSTAR HERO

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 02:04:50 PM »

We use Clive's for airport transfers an other transportation needs: http://www.clivestransportservicejamaica.com/contact&reservations_1.htm

Reasonable and dependable. $25 each way between resort and airport plus tip ($5).

2 man-made reefs close to shore - OK but not great. Dressel Divers at the Beach next door does daily boat trips to large reef (5 minutes out). I think you can only get snorkel gear there for 1 hour - I would bring my own - I do not want to put my mouth around a snorkel mouthpiece that someone else had just used - juck!
Sunjet Holidays  
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
IBEROSTAR HOTELS & RESORTS UNOFFICIAL MESSAGE BOARD | IBEROSTAR REVIEWS & PHOTOS  |  IBEROSTAR ROSE HALL SUITES, JAMAICA  |  IBEROSTAR ROSE HALL SUITES QUESTIONS/ANSWERS & DISCUSSIONS (Moderator: George)  |  Topic: Nov trip with 12 yr old - Lots of General Questions « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length
Google

Web www.Ib-Board.com