Home Help Photos Login Register

MEXICO AND CARIBBEAN

IBEROSTAR HOTELS AND RESORTS

UNOFFICIAL MESSAGE BOARD

IBEROSTAR HOTELS & RESORTS UNOFFICIAL MESSAGE BOARD | IBEROSTAR REVIEWS & PHOTOS  |  IBEROSTAR HACIENDA DOMINICUS - LA ROMANA, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC (South Coast)  |  IBEROSTAR HACIENDA DOMINICUS QUESTIONS/ANSWERS & DISCUSSIONS  |  Topic: Cholera Outbrake 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cholera Outbrake  (Read 8400 times)
mishkin513

« on: February 10, 2011, 08:43:54 AM »

Hello everyone,

I have a question about the water situation at the resort and La Romana in general.  We are schedulled to travel to IB Hacienda Dominicus at the end of March.  Everyone probably heard about the wedding party in one of the resorts in the area and that over 100 people got sick with Cholera after eating contaminated lobster and seafood from outside cateror.  Here is my questions, I am concerned with the water in the resort and how the food is prepared.  Does any one know about purification process in IB resorts.  I understand there is bottled water and stuff, but what about showers and so on.  What about the water they clean the food with and cook with.  Any and all responces are greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Sunjet Holidays  
George
Best Prices for Iberostar Vacation Packages!
Administrator
IBEROSTAR-EXPERT

BeatYourOffer.com - 866-389-8572

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 09:11:00 AM »

You are referring to  five-star Casa de Campo resort.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/jan/28/cholera-hits-dominican-republic-resort

"Casa de Campo has asked us to make clear that it is aware of the situation resulting from a private event with an outside caterer held at the resort. The F&B department, guests and staff at the resort were and still are unaffected, as the caterer is not affiliated with Casa de Campo and the event was hosted in a privately owned villa."

You should use the tap water only to wash your face and hands and take a bath or shower. By following this rule, you will have not an issues. 

Ask every day for a gallon of purified water and use it to brush your teeth. It is included...

The resorts use purified water for drinking and washing produce etc. also the water they serve in the restaurants and the ice is made from purified water.

http://www.ib-board.com/boards/index.php?topic=10244.0
Sunjet Holidays  

mishkin513

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 09:45:34 AM »

Gerorge,
thank you for the reply.  I was just very concerned.  I do not really care about Casa del Campo since we are not going there, but I was concerned with IB Hacienda Dominicus.  We are traveling with kids and wanted to make sure they'll be safe to begin with.  Do you know if the shower and tap water in the resort is purified too or just regular water?  Also, do they check the food they purchase from supplier to make sure nothing is effected?  Thanks again
Sunjet Holidays  
George
Best Prices for Iberostar Vacation Packages!
Administrator
IBEROSTAR-EXPERT

BeatYourOffer.com - 866-389-8572

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 09:53:45 AM »

Since you mentioned other resort "Everyone probably heard about the wedding party in one of the resorts in the area and that over 100 people got sick with Cholera after eating contaminated lobster and seafood from outside caterer.", I wanted to show you that this case had nothing to do with Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus.  The shower and tap water in the resort just filtered. Please contact hotel directly for all other technical questions.
Sunjet Holidays  

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
IBEROSTAR HOTELS & RESORTS UNOFFICIAL MESSAGE BOARD | IBEROSTAR REVIEWS & PHOTOS  |  IBEROSTAR HACIENDA DOMINICUS - LA ROMANA, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC (South Coast)  |  IBEROSTAR HACIENDA DOMINICUS QUESTIONS/ANSWERS & DISCUSSIONS  |  Topic: Cholera Outbrake « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length
Google

Web www.Ib-Board.com