Home Help Photos Login Register

MEXICO AND CARIBBEAN

IBEROSTAR HOTELS AND RESORTS

UNOFFICIAL MESSAGE BOARD

IBEROSTAR HOTELS & RESORTS UNOFFICIAL MESSAGE BOARD | IBEROSTAR REVIEWS & PHOTOS  |  IBEROSTAR QUETZAL & TUCAN - RIVIERA MAYA, MEXICO  |  (LEAVE OR READ) A REVIEW OF IBEROSTAR QUETZAL OR TUCAN (Moderator: MikeOKC)  |  Topic: Go for a Relaxing Trip 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Go for a Relaxing Trip  (Read 714 times)
George
Best Prices on Iberostar Vacation Packages!
Administrator
IBEROSTAR-EXPERT

BeatYourOffer.com - 866-389-8572

« on: May 08, 2012, 05:27:01 AM »

BP - Borrowed post from another board

My husband and I recently stayed at the Iberostar Tucan, and here's our overall opinion:

POOL/BEACH- This is the best part. Both the pool and beach are immaculate and gorgeous. Nothing to complain about here! The only thing that struck me was weird, there is a hot tub (or so I thought) in the middle of the pool, except it isn't warm. Was a little strange. Found out later the hot tub is in the spa area by the lobby.

WILDLIFE- The first day we woke up to monkeys outside- what a great treat! We love animals so really enjoyed seeing all the different types of wildlife they have. Loved the parrots in the lobby, they are so beautiful and we once saw a peacock with her feathers all out- amazing! The iguana's were huge and there are these strange animals that look like a mix between a rat and a squirrel running all around.

FOOD/DRINKS- This was definitely the biggest downfall. I don't see myself as particularly picky, my husband even less so. So when I read the reviews I didn't think it would be that bad, however some of the food was inedible. Don't order room service! We always found something we liked though- the fried shrimp at the Mexican restaurant, the chicken wings at lunch. Breakfast was always pretty good and they even made me a frozen blended coffee- delish! The mexican restaurant entrees was not that great so was nervous about the steakhouse, but it was actually good. The drinks were average. The banana daiquiris by the pool were great as they used fresh bananas.

STAFF/ROOMS- So accommodating and wonderful as everyone says. No complaints here! Rooms were really nice. We stayed in 13, which was a great location on the 2nd floor. I asked for a mattress pad in advance so the bed was really comfortable.

ENTERTAINMENT- Lastly, we went to the show in the theater and while it was cheesy, it was funny as well and we did enjoy ourselves. As for the other amenities- spa, tennis, etc- we did not take advantage so can't comment.

Overall, we had a great time, but don't think all-inclusive is for us.

p.s. We took the bus from the airport into downtown Playa- only $10 each! Then took a 5 min cab ride to the resort. Definitely less expensive than a cab, which is about $95 each way. Definitely take the bus, it's easy and nice (they play Spanish movies) and leaves about every half hour.

Sunjet Holidays  

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
IBEROSTAR HOTELS & RESORTS UNOFFICIAL MESSAGE BOARD | IBEROSTAR REVIEWS & PHOTOS  |  IBEROSTAR QUETZAL & TUCAN - RIVIERA MAYA, MEXICO  |  (LEAVE OR READ) A REVIEW OF IBEROSTAR QUETZAL OR TUCAN (Moderator: MikeOKC)  |  Topic: Go for a Relaxing Trip « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length
Google

Web www.Ib-Board.com