Home Help Photos Login Register

MEXICO AND CARIBBEAN

IBEROSTAR HOTELS AND RESORTS

UNOFFICIAL MESSAGE BOARD

IBEROSTAR HOTELS & RESORTS UNOFFICIAL MESSAGE BOARD | IBEROSTAR REVIEWS & PHOTOS  |  IBEROSTAR QUETZAL & TUCAN - RIVIERA MAYA, MEXICO  |  (LEAVE OR READ) A REVIEW OF IBEROSTAR QUETZAL OR TUCAN (Moderator: MikeOKC)  |  Topic: Great for kids and family vacation 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Great for kids and family vacation  (Read 1046 times)
George
Best Prices on Iberostar Vacation Packages!
Administrator
IBEROSTAR-EXPERT

BeatYourOffer.com - 866-389-8572

« on: March 23, 2012, 07:35:47 AM »

BP - Borrowed post from another board

We just returned yesterday. This was the best family vacation we ever took. Can't say enough good things about the resort. We had a 4 and 6 year old. They have a kids pool that is not deep and a fantastic kids mini-club from 10 am - 4 pm daily. You drop the kids off there ( 3 yrs and up) and the kids loved it! They had crafts, treasure hunts, snack times, walks to the beach, walking around the resort to look at the animals etc..etc..the kids club lady Alehandra was totally on the ball with all the kids. She was very sweet with all the kids and very attentive to all of them. I was a bit nervous at first leaving my kids with a stranger, but she was just amazing. Kids wanted to be more at the kids club then us:-)) It was also FREE!! ( of course we have her a nice tip) This gave us some time alone to enjoy the large pool or sit on the beach with drinks. They have tons of activities set up, water polo, beach volleyball, rumba lessons on the beach, aqua fitness etc...was never bored!!
There is a kids mini disco at 8 pm for half an hour and they enjoyed that before bed. For adults, shows every night and 2 discos.

Staff was very friendly and happy to please. The alcoholic drinks were not watered down, food was decent!! Some dishes were better then others, but we were satisfied. They also have free room service from 11 am to 11 pm. If you don't want to do the buffet, they can bring stuff to your rooms. The beach also has a smaller buffet area open all day long with bar, drinks, pizza, burgers, salads, hot dogs, nachos etc...

The room was decent, but we will upgrade for sure next time. It was a pretty basic room, nothing fancy. All marble floors ( because of all the sand I guess), 2 double beds ( yes, they were very hard as mentioned in many other reviews), basic TV, marble shower ( no tubs). There were no dressers for clothes, just a shelf unit in the closet and a cabinet with shelves) . Plenty of hangers in closer for clothes. Fridge was always full of complimentary beers, pops and bottled water. We never spent any time in the room except to sleep so it was fine. If you expect something larger or grander, then upgrade for sure. No one got sick, all water is purified water. If you walk 5 mins up the street from the resort there are gift shops and a starbucks.

The only downfall was that the hotels ATM machines and debit system in the gift shops was broken all week. I wanted to take out money for tips , gifts etc.. and could not. I had to walk to the ATM outside of the resort 5 mins and get money. All stuff bought from the gift shop had to be put on our room tab and could not pay cash.

As far as safety goes, I felt 100% safe at all times. Recently, Canadians have had an awful time in Mexico with safety. They have really beefed up the security to show a presence of safety there to Canadians. Military with machine guns, security guards, armed security gates to even enter the strip where the resorts are.

Animals all over the resort, monkeys, flamingos, peacocks, little groundhog pig things, turtles etc...kids loved it!!!

All in all, this will be our annual vacation place.....was amazing for people with kids. It fit all of our needs. We will just upgrade the room next time.

Sunjet Holidays  

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
IBEROSTAR HOTELS & RESORTS UNOFFICIAL MESSAGE BOARD | IBEROSTAR REVIEWS & PHOTOS  |  IBEROSTAR QUETZAL & TUCAN - RIVIERA MAYA, MEXICO  |  (LEAVE OR READ) A REVIEW OF IBEROSTAR QUETZAL OR TUCAN (Moderator: MikeOKC)  |  Topic: Great for kids and family vacation « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length
Google

Web www.Ib-Board.com